Hello readers, in today’s article we are going to share the complete information of Kerala Vidyajyothi Scheme 2021. This scheme has been started by Social Justice Department of Kerala. Under this scheme the government will provide financial assistance to the physical handicapped students for their educational upliftment. With the help of the financial assistance students can buy their school uniform and other study material.
So how you can apply under Vidyajyothi scheme, the purpose of the scheme, eligibility and how much assistance would be given to a student. To get complete information about all these, you are requested to read this article till the end.
Kerala Vidyajyothi Scheme 2021
The state government wants to help disabled students in their studies through this scheme, so keeping in mind their educational upliftment, Vidyajyothi Scheme has been started. Under this scheme, students studying from class 9 to Post Graduate will get fianancial asistance to buy their school uniform and study material.
The benefits of the Kerala Vidyajyothi Scheme will be given only to the students studying in government or aided institutions. The students of BPL category will be selected on priority basis in this scheme. ंApart from this to take the benefit, students disablity percentage must at least 40 percent or above.
Brief details of Kerala Vidyajyothi Scheme 2021
|Name of Scheme||Vidyajyothi Scheme|
|Launched by||Government of Kerala|
|Concerned department name||Social Justice Department|
|Objective||Educational upliftment of PH Students|
|Benefit||To provide financial assistance for uniform & study material|
|Beneficiaries||Physically handicapped students|
|Mode of application||Offline|
Vidyajyothi Scheme Application Process
Objective of the scheme
The main objective of the scheme is to encourage the disabled students towards their education. So that they can move ahead by working hard and become success. Under the scheme, students studying in class 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, Polytechnic, VHSC, Degree, Diploma, Professional Course and Post Graduation, will be provided financial assistance in the form of scholarship to purchase uniforms & study material.
Details of Financial Assistance under Vidyajyothi Scheme Kerala
|Course/Class||Financial Assistance provided for Study Materials||Financial Assistance provided for Uniform|
|9th and 10th||Rs 1,000 to each student (50 student from each disrict)||Rs 1500 (30 Children from each district)|
|11th, 12th, ITI, Polytechnic & VHSC||Rs 2,000 to each student (50 students from each district||Rs 1500 to each student (30 student from each district)|
|Degree, Diploma & Professional Courses||Rs 3,000 to each student ( 25 students from each district)||Nil|
|Post Graduation||Rs 3,000 to each student (20 students from each district)||Nil|
Different Abled Persons List Under Vidyajyothi Scheme Kerala
|Blindness||Mental illness||Speech and language disability|
|Low vision||Autism spectrum disorder||Thalassemia|
|Leprosy cured persons||Cerebral palsy||Hemophilia|
|Hearing impairment (Deaf & Hard of Hearing)||Muscular dystrophy||Sickle cell disease|
|Locomotor disability||Chronic neurological conditions||Multiple disabilities including deaf blindness|
|Dwarfism||Specific learning disabilities||Acid attack victim|
|Intellectual disability||Multiple sclerosis||Parkinson’s disease|
Kerala Vidyajyothi Yojana Eligibility Criteria
To take the benefit of the scheme students have to fulfill some eligibility, which are-
- This scheme has started by Kerala, therefore online students of Kerala can apply for this scheme.
- The student must be a permanent resident of the state of Kerala.
- The student should be studying either in a government school/college/institute or in any institution aided by the government.
- Only disabled students will be eligible under the Kerala Vijyajyothi Scheme.
- Apart from this, the percentage of disability of the student should be at least 40% or more.
- This scheme is for all students, yet priority will be given to the students coming from BPL family.
Required Documents for Vidyajyothi Scheme Kerala 2021
The following documents are needed to apply for this scheme-
- Filled application form
- Disability certificate
- Passport Photograph
- BPL certificate (if required)
- Bank account details
- Educational certificate
Process for filing Kerala Vidyajyothi Scheme Application Form 2021
If you fulfill all the eligibility under this scheme, then you can apply for this by following the below easy steps-
- Firstly, visit the official website of Social Justice Department of Kerala i.e. sjd.kerala.gov.in.
- On homepage click on Scheme option.
- Here you will find the list of schemes run by the directorate.
- Now scroll down the page and search for Vidyajyothi scheme – Financial aid for uniforms and study material to PH students & click on it.
- We are providing you the direct link so that you do not face any problem.
- As soon as you click, a new page will open in front of you like this.
- In next step scroll down and go to document section.
- In this section you will find the application form link for Vidyajyothi Scheme.
- Click on the Application Form and download the form pdf.
- Take a print out of this application form.
- Fill all the required details in vidyajyothi application form.
- Attached the documents with form.
- Thereafter, get the filled application form attested by the head of the institution.
- In the last, submit the application form to the concerned social justice office of your district.
- In this way you can apply under Kerala Vidyajyothi Scheme.
How to check Kerala Vidyajyothi Scheme Beneficiary List
After filling the application form the students may check their name in scheme beneficiary list by following these steps-
- Go to the SJD Kerala Official Website Link i.e. sjd.kerala.gov.in.
- In menu bar, click on Scheme option.
- Scroll down and click on scheme name option- Vidyajyothi scheme – Financial aid for uniforms and study material to PH students.
- Now go to the section named Target Section.
- In this section you will see beneficiary details option.
- As soon as you click, a new page will open as shown in below screenshot.
- To check the name in beneficiary list select the financial year.
- Choose the name of your district.
- After selecting the details the beneficiary list will be displayed on your screen.
- And you will be able to check your name in the list.
Contact Details for Vidyajyothi scheme
Phone No. +91 471 2306040
Email Id. swdkerala[at]gmai[dot]com
Kerala Vidyajyothi Scheme FAQs
Q. What is Vidyajyothi Scheme?
Ans. Under this scheme financial assistance is provided to physically handicapped students for purchasing uniform & other study materials.
Q. What is the income limit for applying in Kerala Vidyajyothi Scheme?
Ans. The annual family income is not applicable in this scheme.
Q. Where to get the Vidyajyothi scheme application form?
Ans. You can download the application form by visiting the official website of Kerala Social Justice department.
Q. Where to submit the vidyajyothi scheme filled application form?
Ans. To take benefit of the scheme, students has to submit the filled application form to the concerned district social justice office.
Q. What should be the minimum percentage of disability to take the benefit of Vidyajyothi Yojana?
Ans. 40% or above